Roasted Butternut Squash, Crispy Potato & Ground Beef Skillet
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Total Time: 60 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Small butternut squash (seeded, outer skin removed, diced)
- 3 Large carrots (diced)
- 6 Yellow potatoes (diced)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 White onion (diced)
- 2 tbsps Olive oil (for cooking)
- Fresh rosemary (4-5 sprigs, chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- Total Time: 60 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Wash squash, carrots, and potatoes well and peel.
2. Preheat your oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
3. Chop potatoes and squash into bite-sized cubes, and chop the carrots into small pieces.
4. Place potatoes and squash pieces onto a lined baking sheet and drizzle generously with olive oil. Season generously with salt and pepper and add 3 rosemary sprigs throughout.
5. Once the oven reaches 425, place the baking sheet inside and cook for 35-40 mins, flipping halfway.
6. Mince garlic and finely chop onions.
7. Heat a generous amount of olive oil up on the skillet and fry the minced garlic and onion for about 3 mins or until it is golden brown.
8. Add carrots and fry for another 5 mins or until they look like they've been cooked through.
9. Add ground beef to the pan and season with salt and pepper directly on the pan. Mix it up well and start breaking it up as it cooks.
10. Once the potatoes and squash are cooked, add incorporate them into the skillet.
11. Place the skillet into the oven and broil for 1-2 mins or until everything becomes crispy at the top. Make sure to keep a close eye on the food as it broils so it doesn't burn.
12. Adjust seasonings as needed and serve with your favorite side salad.
Recipe credit: Nicole Baranchuck