- 1/2 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1/4 tsp Dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 Large eggs
- 1/2 cup Cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup Shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup Fresh arugula, cilantro, basil or chives
- Salt to taste
*12 oz beef products only - Reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Spray one 6-cup muffin tin pan with non-stick spray.
3. In a skillet, brown the beef until fully cooked and broken up into small pieces. Season with thyme and pepper.
4. Using a blender, mix the eggs, cottage cheese, and salt until well blended and foamy.
5. To prepare the egg cups: Spoon 2 tablespoons beef, 1 tablespoon cheese, and 1 tablespoon chopped herb into each muffin cup. Carefully pour about 1/3 cup egg mixture into each muffin cup until the cup is almost full.
6. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or just until the eggs are set in the middle and lightly brown around the edges.
7. Let cool in the pan for at least 5 minutes. Using a small fork or spatula, carefully remove the egg bites from the muffin pans. Serve hot or warm.
Recipe credit: Maggie Green, RDN author of "The Essential Pantry"
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 165.00
- Fat Content: 10.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 213.00mg
- Sodium Content: 182.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 1.40g
- Sugar Content: 0.50g
- Protein Content: 18.00g