Irish Beef & Stout Pie
Back To Recipe List
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Onion (medium, diced)
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 Carrots (thinly sliced)
- 2 Celery (thinly sliced)
- 8 Yellow fingerling potatoes (thinly sliced)
- 3 tbsps All-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Guinness Stout beer (divided)
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups Beef broth
- 1/2 cup Tomato puree
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1 Puff pastry dough (1 sheet, allow to thaw 15 minutes before using)
- 1 Egg white
- 1 tbsp Water
*12 oz beef products only - Reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Total Time: 55 Minutes
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large cast iron skillet or oven safe pan over medium high heat, melt butter and add onions; sauté 2-3 minutes until caramelized.
3. Add Laura's Lean 92% Ground Beef and cook fully.
4. Add 1/4 cup stout beer; stir to de-glaze pan (scraping to bring up flavor bits from the bottom of the pan).
5. Add carrots and celery; cook 2 minutes.
6. Add 1/4 cup stout beer to deglaze pan once more; add potatoes and cook 2 minutes.
Add flour; stirring and cooking 1 minute.
7. Slowly add beef broth to vegetables stirring constantly, bring to boil; add remaining stout beer, red pepper flakes, sea salt, pepper, tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice.
8. Unfold puff pastry dough over skillet and gently cut 3 slits into the top of the dough piercing through to allow venting.
9. Whisk together water and egg white, egg wash top of dough, and place skillet on baking sheet in oven to catch any over spills during baking.
10. Bake 30-35 minutes or until crust is deeply golden brown.
Recipe credit: "Cooking with Ruthie" online blog
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 602.00
- Fat Content: 27.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10.00g
- Transfat Content: 1.00g
- Unsaturatedfat Content: 14.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 72.00g
- Carbohydrate Content: 39.00g
- Fiber Content: 56.00g
- Sugar Content: 3.00g
- Protein Content: 27.00g