Ground Beef Sausage and Potato Frittata for Two
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 4 ozs Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1/4 tsp Ground sage
- 1/4 tsp Dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp Crushed red pepper
- Garlic powder (pinch)
- 1 tsp Vegetable oil
- 1 Red potato (small, diced)
- 1/4 Red bell pepper (small, diced)
- 1 Green onion (sliced with whites and greens separated)
- 4 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/4 cup Shredded cheddar cheese (low fat)
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a small bowl, combine the ground beef, sage, oregano, crushed red pepper, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Knead with your hands until fully mixed.
3. Place a small oven-proof non stick skillet over medium heat. Add the vegetable oil followed by the beef mixture and cook, breaking it up as you go, until no longer pink. This will take about 5 minutes. Add the red potato, salt, and pepper then cook until tender, about 7 minutes more. Add the red bell pepper and onion whites, then cook for 3 minutes more.
4. Season the beaten eggs with salt and pepper, then pour evenly over the ground beef sausage and potato mixture. Cook until the sides set, but the middle is still jiggly. Sprinkle the cheddar onto the eggs and place in the oven. Bake until the middle is just set, about 5 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with the remaining onion greens, slice, and serve.
Renee Brewer, Certified Sommelier recommends the perfect pairing of a Cava for this dish.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 302.00
- Carbohydrate Content: 9.70g
- Cholesterol Content: 231.00mg
- Fat Content: 17.00g
- Protein Content: 29.50g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7.00g
- Sodium Content: 179.00mg
- Sugar Content: 1.40g
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.
Select your email service