Back To Recipe List
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hours
Total Time: 80 Minutes
- 2 lbs Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Garlic head
- 1 cup White onion (chopped)
- 2 ozs Parsley
- 2 ozs Jasmine rice
- 1 tsp Ground pepper
- 2 ozs Bread crumbs
- 2 Eggs (boiled)
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Salt
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 Hours
- Total Time: 80 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Chop onions and parsley together.
2. Using a large bowl Mix chopped onions and parsley with the raw meat, breadcrumbs, pepper, rice, cumin and salt (to taste).
3. Add diced hard-boiled egg, and form the balls for albondigas.
4. Let them chill in the fridge for 20 min.
5. Put water to boil with 1/4 of a whole onion and 1 head of garlic.
6. When the broth is boiling, the meatballs are added and allowed to simmer.
7. Cook for approximately 20 minutes so that the meatballs are not breaking apart. Place one meatball into boiling broth, at a time.
8. You can take them out after a couple of minutes to make sure that they are not disappearing.
Once cooked the meatballs are ready to serve with Oaxacan tomato sauce on top and white rice.
Albondigas Tomato Sauce
3 lbs. Roma Tomato (Ripe)
2 whole onions brown or white
2 garlic heads
3 oz. canned chipotle chiles
1 oz. salt or more depending on your taste
2 oz. beef flavor bouillon
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 bunch parsley
24 oz. water
1. Put Roma tomatoes in a pot of water to boil for 25 minutes.
2. Once cooked, grind the tomatoes with garlic, onion, salt, peppers, cumin, and some water.
3. Use a pot with 1 oz. of vegetable oil to cook the sauce. Put the pot with oil on the stove to heat for 3 minutes.
4. Once all ingredients are ground, they are well fried on the pot and then beef flavor bouillon is added.
5. Add the two branches of parsley and ground chipotle to the sauce.
6. Wait until the sauce is slightly thick (approximately 40 min in medium flame).
7. Serve the sauce on top of the albondigas balls or you can add the albondigas bowls to the sauce.
Recipe credit: Ivan Vasquez
Click below to watch the video
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 323.00
- Fat Content: 14.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 136.00mg
- Sodium Content: 385.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 18.00g
- Sugar Content: 2.00g
- Protein Content: 33.00g