- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tbsps Oil
- 1 Medium onion (chopped)
- 1 can Diced green chiles (4-ounce can)
- 4 cloves Garlic (peeled and minced)
- 3 tbsps Chili powder
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 can Tomato sauce (8-ounce can)
- 1 can Black beans (15-ounce can, drained)
- 4 cups Chicken or beef broth
- 2 cups Corn tortilla chips (crushed)
- Salt to taste
- 1 Avocado (peeled, diced)
- 1/4 cup Fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 Jalapeño (seeded and diced)
- 4 Radish (very thinly sliced)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. In a soup pot, heat oil over medium-low heat.
2. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes until tender and translucent. Add the ground beef and cook, stirring and breaking up the beef, until browned and fully cooked.
3. Add the green chiles, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and salt. Stir well and let cook for 1 minute. Add the tomato sauce, black beans, and broth. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
To serve: Place 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips in the bottom of a large soup bowl. Ladle hot soup over the tortilla chips. Add additional toppings to each bowl as desired: Diced avocado, chopped cilantro, diced jalapeno, and sliced radish.
Recipe credit: Maggie Green, RDN author of "The Essential Pantry"
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 238.00
- Fat Content: 13.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3.70g
- Cholesterol Content: 41.00mg
- Sodium Content: 467.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 14.00g
- Sugar Content: 3.00g
- Protein Content: 18.00g
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.