The Frita Burger
Back To Recipe List
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Laura's Lean Ground Beef (2 1/2 lbs)
- Salt (1 1/3 tbsp)
- Cumin seed (1 1/3 tbsp; toasted, hand-muddled)
- Fresh garlic (3 1/3 tbsp)
- Red onion (13 1/3 tbsp; chopped)
- Fresh cilantro (7 tbsp)
- Spanish smoked paprika (3 1/3 tbsp)
- Pickles and tomatoes (sliced for garnish)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Fold all ingredients by hand until well mixed.
2. Form tennis ball-sized patties by hand, flattening slightly.
3. Grill or pan sear to medium doneness, 160°F.
4. Serve on brioche bun, topped with tomatoes and pickles.
Recipe credit: Chef Raynold Mendizábal, El Sapo Cuban Social Club
Photo credit: Mary Kong-DeVito
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 168.00
- Fat Content: 9.20g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4.10g
- Cholesterol Content: 61.00mg
- Sodium Content: 88.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 1.30g
- Sugar Content: 0.50g
- Protein Content: 21.50g