- Laura's Lean Ground Beef (2 1/2 lbs)
- Salt (1 1/3 tbsp)
- Cumin seed (1 1/3 tbsp; toasted, hand-muddled)
- Fresh garlic (3 1/3 tbsp)
- Red onion (13 1/3 tbsp; chopped)
- Fresh cilantro (7 tbsp)
- Spanish smoked paprika (3 1/3 tbsp)
- Pickles and tomatoes (sliced for garnish)
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
1. Fold all ingredients by hand until well mixed.
2. Form tennis ball-sized patties by hand, flattening slightly.
3. Grill or pan sear to medium doneness, 160°F.
4. Serve on brioche bun, topped with tomatoes and pickles.
Recipe credit: Raynold Mendizábal, El Sapo Cuban Social Club
Photo credit: Mary Kong-DeVito