Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hours
Total Time: 80 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp Crushed red pepper
- 1 Small cabbage (cored, chopped)
- 2 cans Crushed tomatoes (14.5-ounce cans)
- 1 can Tomato sauce (8-ounce can)
- 8 ozs Chicken stock or water
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 Hours
- Total Time: 80 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Heat the oil over medium high heat in a large stock pot or Dutch oven.
2. Add the onion, the garlic, and the crushed red pepper, and cook for several minutes until the onions turn translucent.
3. Add the ground beef, breaking it up as it browns. Add 1 teaspoon of the salt and half the pepper.
4. Once the ground beef is browned, add the cabbage in two additions. Stir well after the first addition and let the cabbage wilt down a bit before adding the rest.
5. Once all of the cabbage has been added and wilted down, add the cans of crushed tomatoes, the can of tomato sauce and the stock or water.
6. Add the rest of the salt and pepper and stir to combine. Lower the heat to medium-low and cover the pot. Allow the soup to simmer for 30-45 minutes or until the cabbage is soft to your liking. Taste and add more salt and pepper as needed.
Select your email service