Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 50 Minutes
- 6 Eggs
- 1 cup Ricotta
- 1 cup Milk
- 8 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup Parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Parmigiana Reggiano
- 3 tsps Salt
- 1 tsp Red Pepper (Crushed)
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1 cup ricotta (skim or whole milk is per preference)
1 large loaf Italian bread (only using the scooped out inside)
1 cup milk (skim or whole per preference)
8 cloves garlic minced
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/2 cup parmigiana Reggiano
1t crushes red pepper
1t ground black pepper
1. Blend all ingredients with immersion blender and allow one hour to hydrate.
2. Add 5lbs Laura's 92% Lean Ground Beef and mix by hand until all ingredients and beef are fully incorporated. Allow 1-hour rest in refrigerator.
3. Form meatballs using ice cream scoop
4. Pan fry meatballs (do not cook fully) in olive oil over medium heat being careful to not over fill the pan. Reserve the pan and oil for the ragú to follow
3 green bell peppers
3 red bell peppers
3 yellow bell peppers
4 Spanish onions
2 quart San Marzano tomato
1 quart Chianti or comparable red wine
1 t crushed red pepper
1T black pepper ground
1 bunch fresh oregano chopped
1 sprig thyme picked
2T sea salt
1. Small dice all vegetables (remove seeds and stem) and sauté in olive oil from frying meatballs for one hour.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a slow simmer for 1 hour
3. Add your pan fried meatballs and simmer for an additional 25 minutes
4. The meatballs are now ready to be served. I personally enjoy simple grilled bread alongside or an aged provolone stuffed roasted Padron pepper.
Recipe provided by Chef Matt Gentile from Panorama
Photo credit: Alexis Canary Photography