- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cloves Fresh garlic (minced or 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder)
- 4 ozs Thai vermicelli rice noodles (angel hair pasta)
- 3 cups Romaine, cabbage or arugula (chopped)
- 1 cup Cucumber (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsps Honey
- 1 tbsp Peanut or sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Fresh ginger paste
- 1 pinch Red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup Fresh herbs (basil, cilantro; chopped)
- 8 Radishes (thinly sliced)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Brown the beef in a skillet. Add salt, pepper, and garlic and cook stirring for 2 minutes. Set aside.
2. Soak the noodles in hot tap water for 5 minutes. Using clean kitchen scissors, cut the noodles into small pieces. Continue soaking while preparing the remaining ingredients.
3. Whisk together the lime juice, honey, oil, ginger, and pepper flakes.
4. When ready to serve the salad, drain the noodles and shake to remove all excess water.
5. Place the noodles on a large platter or in a flat bowl. Top with the chopped lettuce or arugula, cucumber, and beef. Drizzle the dressing over the ingredients and lightly toss to mix with the dressing. Sprinkle with chopped herbs and sliced radish.
Recipe credit: Maggie Green, RDN author of "The Essential Pantry"
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 221.00
- Fat Content: 10.50g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4.30g
- Cholesterol Content: 61.00mg
- Sodium Content: 80.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 12.00g
- Sugar Content: 10.00g
- Protein Content: 23.00g