Cuban Picadillo Stuffed Peppers
Back To Recipe List
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste (to season ground beef)
- 1 can Crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Olives
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 2 tbsps Capers
- 6 Sweet peppers (tops and seeds removed)
*12 oz beef products only - Reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
1. Start by prepping your ingredients.
2. Dice your onions, cut off the tops of your sweet peppers, remove the seeds of the sweet peppers.
3. Over medium heat, cook Laura’s Lean Ground Beef and diced onion in a large skillet.
4. Season with 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp cumin, and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add 1 can of crushed tomatoes, 1/2 cup of olives, ¼ cup raisins, and 2 tbs of capers for a few minutes until the liquid is reduced.
6. While the ground beef is cooking preheat the oven to 400°F.
7. Microwave the sweet peppers for 5-7 minutes turning once.
8. Fill the bell peppers with the picadillo and bake for 10 more minutes or until tender.
Recipe credit: Cesar Diaz from "Growing Up Bilingual" online blog
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 160.00
- Fat Content: 7.50g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 41.00mg
- Sodium Content: 272.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 10.00g
- Sugar Content: 6.00g
- Protein Content: 16.00g