Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 2 lbs Laura's Lean Ground Beef (92% lean)
- 1/2 cup Crushed saltine crackers or panko breadcrumbs, or gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Large egg
- 2 tbsps Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsps Milk
- 1 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- Hamburger buns (6 to 12, brioche buns preferred)
- Lettuce, tomato, cheese, onion for topping
*Serving calculations based on 16oz beef products.
For 12oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, crushed crackers, egg, Worcestershire sauce, milk, ketchup, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. Use your hands to blend the ingredients thoroughly.
2. Divide the beef mixture into 6 or 12 portions (I did half and half, so 3 thick patties and 6 thin patties).
3. Shape the beef into patties that are slightly larger than the buns they’ll be served on (the patties will shrink during cooking).
4. For thick patties, use the back of a spoon to make a slight depression in the center (this prevents the patties from puffing up and forming a domed shape while cooking).
5. Preheat your grill or griddle medium-high heat, approximately 350 to 400 degrees.
6. Place the patties on the hot grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side for thick burgers or 1 to 2 minutes per side for thin burgers, or longer for more fully cooked meat.
7. Place the patties on the buns (if desired, stack 2 thin burgers on one bun), and top with your favorite hamburger toppings.
Note: Makes 6 thick patties or 12 thin patties.
Recipe credit: Robin Miller