Pesto Burger Bowl
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 6 cups Baby greens (firmly packed)
- 1 tsp Vegetable oil
- 1 Yellow bell pepper (seeded and cut into strips)
- 1/4 cup Grape tomatoes (halved)
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups Basil leaves (firmly packed)
- 1 1/2 tbsps Pine nuts
- 1 Small garlic clove
- 3 tbsps Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. In a mortar and pestle or blender, combine the basil leaves, pine nuts, and garlic. Grind until roughly chopped, then continue grinding as you add in the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Continue grinding until you achieve your desired consistency.
2. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Form the ground beef into 4 thin patties and season generously with salt and pepper. Add the vegetable oil to the skillet followed by the patties and cook until no longer pink in the middle, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside to cool slightly, then slather each patty with pesto.
3. Assemble the burger bowls. Evenly distribute the baby greens among 4 bowls. Top each portion with a pesto burger patty, baby tomatoes, and yellow bell pepper. Drizzle each bowl with a small amount of balsamic vinegar, season with salt and pepper, then serve!
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 395.00
- Carbohydrate Content: 7.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 100.00mg
- Fiber Content: 3.00g
- Protein Content: 33.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7.00g
- Sodium Content: 576.00mg
- Sugar Content: 2.00g
- Total Fat Content: 26.00g
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.
Select your email service