Spicy Chipotle Beef Taco Stuffed Avocados
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 5 Hass avocados
- 5/16 cup Red onion (finely diced)
- 1/2 cup Tomato
- 1 pkg Taco seasoning
- 1 tsp Chipotle powder
- Queso fresco
- Chives for garnish
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook the ground beef until browned. Stir and crumble the beef as it cooks.
2. Drain and add the taco seasoning, chipotle powder and water according to the taco seasoning’s instructions. Stir to combine.
3. Simmer until the sauce thickens and remove meat from heat.
4. Transfer cooked meat to a bowl and add tomato and onion. Mix well.
5. Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit.
6. You can make the hole a bit larger using a spoon. Reserve the avocado you spoon out to make guacamole.
7. Spoon the taco mixture into the avocados.
8. Sprinkle with queso fresco and garnish with chives. Serve immediately.
Recipe credit: Cesar from "Growing Up Bilingual" online blog
Select your email service