Mason Jar Taco Salads
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef (96% lean)
- 2 cups Lettuce (shredded and dry)
- 1 can Corn (12 oz can)
- 1 can Black beans (12 oz can, rinsed)
- 1 Onion (medium-sized, diced)
- 1 cup Rice (cooked)
- 1 can Tomatoes (diced)
- 1 tbsp Low-sodium salsa
- 1 cup Reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1 Red pepper (diced)
- 1 tbsp Salt-free taco seasoning
- 2 tbsps Fat-free ranch dressing
- Mason jars (quart size, wide mouth)
- 1 Avocado (sliced, optional for topping)
- Fresh cilantro for garnish (chopped, optional)
- Tortilla chips (optional, for serving)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in 1 cup of rice and ½ teaspoon of salt and return to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until rice is tender and has absorbed all the liquid, 16 to 18 minutes. Remove from heat and let steam, covered, for 10 minutes. Then fluff with a fork and serve.
2. While rice is cooking, In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef. Then stir in the taco seasoning. Then set meat aside to cool.
3. Drain corn and diced tomatoes and rinse beans.
4. Dice onion and pepper.
5. You are now ready to assemble your mason jar salads. Using quart size wide mouth jars.
6. Place 2 tablespoons of Ranch dressing at the very bottom and two tablespoons of salsa.. Then add 2 heaping tablespoons of diced onions and peppers next. Then add 3 tablespoons of black beans followed by 3 tablespoons of corn. Next add 1/2 cup ground beef, followed by 1/4 cup of rice. Finish off your jars with 2 tablespoons of cheddar cheese and pack the rest full with your shredded lettuce.
7. Store in your refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Simply empty the fully made jars and divide equally into 2 small bowls and enjoy!
8. Garnish with optional tortilla chips, cilantro or fresh avocado!
Nutrition note: Optional ingredients are not incorporated into the recipe’s nutrition analysis.
Recipe credit: Amanda Nighbert RD
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 383.00
- Carbohydrate Content: 32.00g
- Fiber Content: 7.00g
- Protein Content: 28.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3.00g
- Sodium Content: 370.00mg
- Sugar Content: 4.00g
- Total Fat Content: 23.00g
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.
Select your email service