Mason Jar Taco Salads
Back To Recipe List
Prep Time: 1 Hours
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Total Time: 95 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 2 cups Lettuce (shredded and dry)
- 1 can Corn (12 oz can)
- 1 can Black beans (12 oz can, rinsed)
- 1 Onion (medium-sized, diced)
- 1 cup Rice (cooked)
- 1 can Tomatoes (diced)
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese
- 1 Red pepper (diced)
- 2 tbsps Taco seasoning
- Ranch dressing
- Mason jars (quart size, wide mouth)
1. Bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in 1 cup of rice and ½ teaspoon of salt and return to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until rice is tender and has absorbed all the liquid, 16 to 18 minutes. Remove from heat and let steam, covered, for 10 minutes. Then fluff with a fork and serve.
2. While rice is cooking, In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef. Then stir in the taco seasoning. Then set meat aside to cool.
3. Drain corn and diced tomatoes and rinse beans.
4. Dice onion and pepper.
5. You are now ready to assemble your mason jar salads. Using quart size wide mouth jars.
6. Place 2 tablespoons of Ranch dressing at the very bottom and two tablespoons of salsa.. Then add 2 heaping tablespoons of diced onions and peppers next. Then add 3 tablespoons of black beans followed by 3 tablespoons of corn. Next add 1/2 cup ground beef, followed by 1/4 cup of rice. Finish off your jars with 2 tablespoons of cheddar cheese and pack the rest full with your shredded lettuce.
7. Store in your refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Simply empty the fully made jars into a large bowl and enjoy!
8. Garnish with tortilla chips or fresh avocado!
Recipe credit: Amanda Nighbert RD
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 440.00
- Protein Content: 28.00g
- Carbohydrate Content: 32.00g
- Fiber Content: 7.00g
- Sugar Content: 8.00g
- Total Fat Content: 23.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7.00g
- Sodium Content: 650.00g