Ground Beef Gravy & Biscuits
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 lbs Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 Onion (finely chopped)
- 5 cups Milk
- 2 tbsps Chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tbsps Butter or margarine
- 1 tsp Ground sage
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Crumble the ground beef into a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until evenly browned. Drain most of the grease, leaving just enough to coat the pan. Add the onions and cook for a few more minutes.
2. Pour 4 cups of the milk into the pan and stir to scrape up any bits of food that could burn on the bottom of the pan. Mix in the bouillon, butter, sage, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Mix the flour into the last cup of milk until smooth. Slowly pour into the skillet, stirring constantly. Simmer for a few minutes to thicken. If the gravy is too thick, thin with a little bit of milk. If it is too thin, simmer longer, or add more flour. Taste and adjust seasonings before serving. Serve over buttermilk biscuits.