Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tsps Avocado or olive oil
- 1 Yellow onion (chopped)
- 3 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 Red bell pepper (medium, chopped)
- 1 Green pepper (medium, chopped)
- 1/2 cup Carrots (shredded, chopped)
- 4 tbsps Chili powder
- 2 tsps Cumin (ground)
- 1 tsp Oregano (dried)
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt (plus more to taste)
- 1 can Tomatoes (28 oz can, diced or crushed)
- 1 can Diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken broth
- 1 can Kidney beans (15 oz can, dark red, rinsed and drained)
- 1 can Corn (15 oz can, rinsed and drained)
- Cheese, avocado, tortilla chips, cilantro, sour cream (for topping and garnish)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Total Time: 55 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Place oil in a large pot and place over medium high heat. Add in onion, garlic, pepper , and carrots and saute for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently. Next add in ground beef and break up the meat; cooking until no longer pink. Next add in chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and salt; stir for about 20 seconds.
2. Then add in tomatoes, chicken broth, kidney beans and corn. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until chili thickens and flavors come together. Taste and adjust seasonings and salt as necessary. Garnish with anything you'd like.
Recipe credit: Amanda Nighbert RD
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 311.00
- Fat Content: 6.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 43.00mg
- Sodium Content: 724.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 40.00g
- Fiber Content: 12.00g
- Sugar Content: 14.00g
- Protein Content: 26.00g
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.