Southern Ground Beef Salisbury Steak
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura’s Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Dry breadcrumbs
- 1 Large egg
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Seasoning salt or salt free seasoning
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 2 tsps Minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 2 tbsps Olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 Medium yellow onions (chopped)
- 2 tbsps All-purpose flour
- 2 tbsps Ketchup
- 2 cups Beef broth
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Place the ground beef into a large bowl.
2. Next, crack open the egg, and it into the bowl.
3. Sprinkle in the breadcrumbs and seasonings, then the Worcestershire sauce.
4. Use your hand (or kitchen utensil) to mix all of the ingredients, then form 4 patties.
5. Head over to the stovetop and place a large skillet on the stovetop.
6. Drizzle in 2 tbsp of oil, then turn the stove on medium.
7. Once the oil is nice and hot, start adding in the patties.
8. Brown each side of the patties, then remove them from the skillet.
9. Toss in the onions and fry them until they soften up a bit.
10. Next, sprinkle in the all-purpose flour, and stir.
11. Add in the ketchup, followed by the beef broth, then stir everything until it's well combined.
12. Add the patties back into the pan and smother them with the gravy, turn the heat down to low medium, cover, and let cook for about 15-20 minutes.
13. Serve with mashed potatoes, rice, or pasta. Enjoy!