No-Bean Ground Beef Chili
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hours
Total Time: 75 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Sweet onion (diced, divided)
- 1 Small green bell pepper (diced)
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 2 tsps Cumin
- 2 tsps Paprika
- 2 tbsps Tomato paste
- 1 cup Beef broth
- 1 can Fire roasted diced tomatoes (14-ounce)
- 1 can Tomato sauce (8-ounce)
- 2 tsps Brown sugar
- 2 tsps Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Bay leaf
- 6 cloves Garlic (diced, divided)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 Hours
- Total Time: 75 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef, onion, and
garlic and cook, undisturbed for 2-3 minutes, or until edges start to brown. Season with
salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned, but not completely
cooked through, about 3-4 additional minutes.
2. Reduce heat to medium. Add the onion and bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until
softened, about 5 minutes. Add 3 garlic cloves garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika and
oregano. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1
minute. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, until the tomato paste is caramelized,
about 1-2 minutes.
3. Add in the broth. Let cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar,
Worcestershire and bay leaf. Add in the beef along with any accumulated juices. Bring to
a gentle boil over medium-high heat. Immediately reduce heat to simmer and cover.
4. Cook, uncovering to stir a couple times, for 30 minutes. Uncover and cook for 10
minutes, or until chili is thick and saucy. Remove bay leaf and discard. Taste and adjust
for seasoning with salt and pepper.
5. Ladle warm chili into individual bowls and garnish with green onions, shredded cheddar
cheese, and sour cream. Enjoy!
Click below to watch the video
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 93.00
- Carbohydrate Content: 12.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 0.00mg
- Fat Content: 4.00g
- Protein Content: 6.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.00g
- Sodium Content: 943.00mg
- Sugar Content: 6.00g
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.
Select your email service