Simple Sloppy Joes
Back To Recipe List
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1/4 cup Onion (finely diced, to taste)
- 1/4 cup Bell pepper (finely chopped, to taste)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder (or 1 generous teaspoon of minced garlic)
- 1 tsp Yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup Ketchup
- 1 1/2 tbsps Brown sugar (light or dark)
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef, onion and bell pepper, crumbling beef with a spoon or potato masher as you go.
2. Stir in garlic, mustard, ketchup and brown sugar. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer. Cook 10-15 minutes. Season to taste. Serve on buns.
Recipe credit: Chef and Culinary Instructor Rita Heikenfeld
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 226.00
- Fat Content: 9.30g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4.10g
- Cholesterol Content: 61.00mg
- Sodium Content: 588.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 16.20g
- Sugar Content: 14.00g
- Protein Content: 22.30g