Hawaiian Pineapple Burger
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tbsps Avocado oil
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Avocado oil
- 1 Yellow onion (diced or sliced)
- 4 slices Pineapple (fresh or canned)
- 4 tsps Gluten-free teriyaki sauce
- 1 Avocado (sliced)
- 1 tbsp Dairy-free butter
- 4 Gluten-free burger buns
*Serving calculations based on 16oz beef products.
For 12oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Combine the ground beef, avocado oil, fresh garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well by hand (use gloves if possible) until well combined. Divide the meat into four equal portions and roll each portion into a ball. Set aside.
2. Using a griddle pan on top of your grill grates, or a flat-top indoor pan on your stovetop, heat 1 tsp of oil. Add the onions and sautée until they're softened and lightly brown, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Add the pineapple slices to the cook surface and lightly brown on both sides, about 1 minute per side. Set aside.
4. Add each rounded burger to the flat surface and use a burger smasher or sturdy spatula to smash the burger flat. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Lightly butter the buns and place them on the flattop surface to lightly toast, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
6. Assemble the burgers by adding a slice of pineapple to the bun, then top with the beef patty, diced onions, teriyaki drizzle, avocado slices, and the top of the bun. Enjoy immediately.
Recipe credit: Jenny Finke
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 571.00
- Carbohydrate Content: 44.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 81.00mg
- Fat Content: 34.00g
- Protein Content: 26.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10.00g
- Sodium Content: 684.00mg
- Sugar Content: 5.00g
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.