- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef (96% lean)
- 4 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Fresh oregano (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Fresh basil (chopped)
- 2 tbsps Fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 Egg (optional)
- 1 tbsp Chosen Foods avocado oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (plus more for serving)
- 1 cup Low-fat mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 pkg Sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 can Crushed tomatoes
- 3 tbsps Tomato paste
*Serving calculations based on 16oz beef products.
For 12oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. In a bowl combine the ground beef, garlic, egg, parsley, and parmesan cheese. Using a cookie scooper, scoop meat into even sized pieces and roll into a ball.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of avocado oil to your cast iron pan and coat bottom.
3. Add meatballs to pan and sear on all sides. Once done, add tomato paste, sun-dried tomatoes, and crushed tomatoes to the pan. Add in basil, parsley, salt, and pepper to taste. Gently stir to combine.
4. Top with mozzarella cheese and place in a 350-degree oven for 10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Finally cook under the broiler for 5 minutes or so to develop that nice crust on the cheese, serve Immediately.
5. Any leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days and reheated on the stove top (feel free to add more crushed tomatoes for more sauce) or in the microwave.
Recipe credit: Dawn Nieves