Beefy Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chili
Back To Recipe List
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 lb large sweet potato (peeled and cut into a 1/2 inch dice)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 cans black beans in their juices
- 1 can diced tomatoes in their juices
- 2 cans tomato sauce (14.5 ounce cans recommended)
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium avocado (skin and pit removed, and flesh sliced)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 ozs queso fresco (crumbled)
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- salt & pepper (to taste)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Place a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add the vegetable oil followed by the Laura's 92% Lean ground beef, onion, salt and pepper. Cook until the ground beef is browned, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the chipotle powder, paprika, cumin and garlic, and cook for 3 minutes more.
3. Add the black beans with juices, diced sweet potato, tomatoes with juices, tomato sauce and water. Season with salt and pepper, again, to taste. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook until the sweet potatoes become tender, about 20 minutes.
4. Ladle into bowls and top with an even amount of avocado slices, cilantro leaves and queso fresco.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 374.00
- Fat Content: 15.00g
- Total Fat Content: 15.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 58.00mg
- Sodium Content: 755.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 31.00g
- Fiber Content: 12.00g
- Sugar Content: 6.00g
- Protein Content: 26.00g
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.