Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 Butternut squash (medium to large)
- 2 tbsps Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup or brown sugar
- Fresh sage leaves (handful)
- 2 tbsps Butter
- Pecan pieces to garnish (handful)
- Fresh thyme (2-3 sprigs)
- 1/4 cup Sundried tomatoes (chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Total Time: 60 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
2. Halve the squash lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a large spoon.
3. Using a peeler, remove the skin.
4. Rub with 2 tablespoons olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
5. Place on a large baking sheet and roast until the squash begins to soften, 15 minutes.
6. In a small bowl, stir together the butter, maple syrup, and chopped sage until combined.
7. Grab the squash from the oven and transfer to a cutting board.
8. Using a sharp knife, slice through the rounded sides of squash halves, crosswise, going as deep as possible but without cutting all the way through. I find it helpful to position 2 spoons on either side of the squash to help prevent cutting all the way through.
9. Return the squash to the baking sheet, scored sides up.
10. Spread half the maple butter over the squash, allowing it to drip into the slices.
11. Season with salt and pepper.
12. Roast the squash for 30 minutes.
13. Garnish with sundried tomatoes, thyme, and pecan pieces and serve.
>> Perfect Pairings recommendation: Beef Stuffed Bell Peppers & Zucchini Boats
Click below to watch the video
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 101.00
- Carbohydrate Content: 6.20g
- Cholesterol Content: 10.00mg
- Fat Content: 8.80g
- Protein Content: 1.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3.00g
- Sodium Content: 76.00mg
- Sugar Content: 3.40g
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.
Select your email service