Plant-Based Cheeseburger Casserole
Back To Recipe List
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 lbs Laura's Plant-Based Burgers
- 2 lbs Brown rice (cooked)
- 1 lb Cheese
- 2 Tomatoes (coarsely diced)
- 2 cups Raw kale
- 1/4 cup Dill pickles (finely diced with 1/4 cup pickle juice)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsps EVOO
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. Cook 1 pound brown rice on stovetop according to directions.
3. In large skillet, heat 1 tbsp EVOO over medium heat. Add the protein and break up with spatula, then add the garlic, salt and pepper. Saute until cooked through and dark brown in color. Add kale and tomatoes, and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Stir in mustard, then remove from heat.
4. Toss mixture with rice in large bowl. Mix in handful of cheese and diced pickles.
5. Use 1 tbsp EVOO to coat bottom and sides of standard baking/casserole dish (roughly 9×13 inches) to prevent sticking. Spread rice into prepared dish and top with the remaining cheddar style shreds.
6. Cook in oven about 15 minutes or until cheese has melted.
7. Sprinkle the rest of the diced pickles on top, and enjoy!
Serve hot. Makes approximately 6 meal sized servings or 12 side dish servings.