- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef (96% lean)
- 16 ozs Whole grain brown rice (cooked)
- 3 cups Reduced-fat 3-cheese blend (shredded)
- 2 Tomatoes (coarsely diced)
- 2 cups Raw kale (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Dill pickles (finely diced)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Gluten-free crusty bread or baguette (optional, for serving)
*Serving calculations based on 16oz beef products.
For 12oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. Cook rice on stovetop according to directions.
3. In large cast iron skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef and break up with spatula, then add the garlic, salt and pepper. Saute until cooked through and dark brown in color. Add kale and tomatoes, and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Stir in mustard, then remove from heat.
4. Toss mixture with rice in large bowl. Mix in handful of cheese and diced pickles.
5. Return mixture to skillet. Spread evenly and top with the remaining shredded cheese.
6. Cook in oven about 15 minutes or until cheese has melted.
7. Sprinkle the rest of the diced pickles on top, and enjoy!
Serve hot with optional gluten-free crusty bread or baguette. Makes approximately 6 meal sized servings or 12 side dish servings.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 235.00
- Carbohydrate Content: 11.50g
- Cholesterol Content: 51.00mg
- Fat Content: 8.00g
- Protein Content: 21.50g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3.20g
- Sodium Content: 415.00mg
- Sugar Content: 1.90g
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.