- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef (96% lean)
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 1/2 cups Quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 Large onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced; or 1tbsp garlic powder)
- 1 Bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsps Soy sauce
- 2 tbsps Maple syrup or honey
- 2 cups Green peas (frozen)
- 2 cups Corn (frozen)
- 1/4 cup Green onion (finely chopped)
*Serving calculations based on 16oz beef products.
For 12oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. On Instant Pot, press Sauté and wait until display says Hot. Takes 3-5 mins. Swirl oil to coat and add ground beef. Cook until no longer pink or for about 5 minutes, constantly breaking into small pieces and stirring.
2. Add taco seasoning, oregano, salt, pepper and water. Stir to deglaze the bottom of the pot to avoid burn.
3. Press Cancel, add quinoa and stir.
4. Add onion, garlic, bell pepper, soy sauce and maple syrup. Do not stir. Close the lid and move pressure valve to Sealing, and press Pressure Cook on Low for 12 minutes.
5. Release pressure using Quick Release method – turn pressure valve to Venting.
6. Add peas and corn, stir, close the lid and let quinoa and beef dinner sit for 5 minutes. You can also thaw veggies before adding if you like very-very hot meal.
7. Add green onion, stir and serve warm.
Click below to watch the video
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 378.00
- Carbohydrate Content: 48.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 0.00mg
- Fat Content: 10.00g
- Protein Content: 25.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.00g
- Sodium Content: 899.00mg
- Sugar Content: 3.00g
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.