Southwestern Ground Beef Chili
Back To Recipe List
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 50 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Sweet onion (diced)
- 1 Small red onion (chopped; set aside extra for garnish)
- 2 Carrots (chopped)
- 1 Small green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Tomato paste
- 2 cans Black beans (15-ounce, drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup Frozen corn (thawed)
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 3 cups Beef broth
- 5 cloves Garlic (diced, divided)
- 1/2 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- Jalapeños (roasted, sliced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Pour the olive oil into a 3-qt saucepan over medium heat. Sauté the sweet onion and
garlic with salt and pepper until soft and fragrant.
2. Add in the ground beef and cook through. Remove beef from pan; set aside.
3. In same pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, red onion, and bell pepper;
cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in tomato paste; cook until slightly darkened,
about 1 minute. Add cooked beef, the beans, corn, chili powder, broth, salt and pepper.
Reduce heat to medium. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until
vegetables are tender.
4. Ladle chili into 4 bowls. Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with red onion and jalapeños.
Click below to watch the video
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 367.00
- Fat Content: 11.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 15.00mg
- Sodium Content: 2991.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 47.00g
- Protein Content: 24.00g
- Sugar Content: 4.00g
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.