Moroccan Meatball Sub with Sumac Tahini Sauce
Prep Time: 40 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Red onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsps Roasted garlic (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Ginger purée
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Mint (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup Pine nuts
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese crumbles
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom
- 1 Egg (lightly beaten)
- SUMAC TAHINI SAUCE:
- 1 cup Tahini
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Sumac
- 1 cup Water (more, if needed)
- Greens, cilantro and pine nuts (for garnish)
- Submarine sandwich rolls
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 40 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 55 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Prepare a baking sheet with foil and parchment paper. With gloved hands, mix all the meatball ingredients in a large bowl. Roll the meatballs into golf ball size balls and place on prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet. Brown meatballs on all sides. While meatballs are browning, place a new sheet of parchment on the prepared pan. Once the meatballs are browned placed on the prepared sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, so that meatballs are fully cooked inside.
3. To make the tahini sauce, mix the tahini, lemon juice sea salt & sumac. Add water until desired consistency is achieved.
4. To make the sandwich place lettuce on the bottom portion of the submarine roll. Then add a bit of tahini sauce, then meatballs and more tahini sauce. Top with cilantro and a sprinkle of sumac.
Recipe credit: Michelle Barerra