Mexican Style Juicy Lucy Burger
Back To Recipe List
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 2 ozs Green chiles (canned)
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 2 1/2 tsps Ground cumin
- 1/4 tsps Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 ozs Cheddar cheese (cut into 3 cubes)
- 2 Ears of corn
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsps Chili powder
- 1 cup Fresh tomatoes (diced)
- 1/2 Red onion (finely diced)
- 1 tbsp Jalapeno (finely diced)
- 1 tsp Fresh garlic (minced)
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- 1/4 cup Fresh cilantro (finely diced)
- 3 Whole wheat or sprouted-grain buns
- 1 Avocado (sliced)
- Ketchup (optional)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Preheat the grill to 425 degrees Farenheit.
2. In a large bowl, mix the Laura's 96% Lean ground beef, green chiles, garlic powder, ground cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Separate the beef mixture evenly into three balls. Split each ball into two burger patties (1/4 to 1/2 of an inch thick).
4. Form your Juicy Lucy by using your fingers to make a small indentation in the middle of one of the burger patties. Place one cube of cheese into the indent and place another burger patty over the top. Secure the cheese inside by pinching the patties together.
5. Place a piece of tin foil on the grill and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Grill the burger patties for 5 minutes on each side.
6. Remove from the grill and let the patties rest for 10 minutes.
Fire Roasted Corn Pico:
1. Preheat the grill to 425 degrees Farenheit. Mix together the olive oil, chili powder, cumin and salt to taste.
2. Remove husks from the corn and wash under cold water. Pat dry. Place the corn on top of a piece of tin foil and rub with the olive oil mixture. Seal tin foil, creating a foil pack. Place on the grill for 20 minutes. Flip half-way through.
4. Let the corn cool for 5 minutes and carefully cut the kernels off the cob.
5. Place corn in a medium bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients ( 1 cup fresh tomatoes, 1/2 red onion finely diced, 1 tablespoon jalapeño, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, lime juice and 1/2 cup of cilantro) and mix.
Serve the burgers on whole wheat buns with avocado slices and the fire roasted corn salsa!
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 705.00
- Fat Content: 35.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 100.00mg
- Sodium Content: 858.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 57.00g
- Fiber Content: 14.00g
- Sugar Content: 6.00g
- Protein Content: 47.00g