Korean Ground Beef Stir-Fry
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef (96% lean)
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Carrots (julienned)
- 1 Red bell pepper (seeded, chopped)
- 8 ozs Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Green onions (white and green parts, thinly sliced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- Steamed brown rice (for serving)
- Green onions, tasted sesame seeds (optional, for garnish)
- 1/4 cup Low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Gochujang chili paste (can substitute sriracha)
- 1/2 tbsp Ground ginger
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. In a small bowl, mix all of the sauce ingredients together. Set aside.
2. Add ground beef to a wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until no longer pink. Set aside on a plate.
3. Add the olive oil to the wok (or skillet) and heat until shimmering. Add the onion, bell peppers, carrots, mushrooms, and half of the green onions. Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, until soft. Stir in the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
4. Return the beef to the pan and pour in the sauce. Cook for another few minutes. Remove from heat and stir most of the remaining green onions, leaving some for garnish.
5. Serve at once over steamed rice, topped with additional green onions and sesame seeds.
Recipe credit: Kris Longwell
Select your email service