- 2 Laura's Lean Ground Beef (4 ounce patties)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 Garlic clove (minced)
- 2 cups Fresh baby kale
- 5 ozs Sweet potato (cubed)
- 1 cup Brussel sprouts
- Jalapeños (jarred or fresh, to taste)
- Cheddar cheese (to taste)
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Spray a glass baking dish with the cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, mix the salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and garlic and then sprinkle on top of each of the preformed patties. Add cheddar cheese and jalepeños on top of the patties, combine patties to make one burger.
3. Place the burger in one corner of the dish and then arrange the kale, sweet potato and Brussel sprouts in the prepared baking dish around it.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and the beef patty is cooked through to your liking.
5. Remove from the oven, transfer to a plate, and serve!
Recipe featured in Jen Widerstrom's book, Diet Right for Your Personality Type