Ground Beef Queso Dip
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tsps Oil
- 1 tsp All-purpose seasoning
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ozs Velveeta cheese (cubed)
- 1/2 cup Petite diced tomatoes (mostly drained)
- 1/4 cup Diced green chiles
- 1/4 cup Salsa verde
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese (shredded)
- 2 tbsps Cilantro leaves (chopped)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef, all-purpose seasoning, chili powder, cumin, oregano, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper and cook until beef is no longer pink and cooked through. Transfer cooked meat to a plate and drain off any excess grease.
2. Add cubed Velveeta, diced tomatoes, diced green chiles, and salsa verde to the skillet. Heat over medium heat stirring constantly until Velveeta is melted and combined with other ingredients. Add Monterey Jack cheese and stir until cheese is melted and well combined.
3. Return cooked ground beef to skillet and mix into queso. Top with chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.