Italian Beef and Veggie Soup
Back To Recipe List
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hours
Total Time: 80 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Yellow onion (diced)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 4 Carrots (medium-sized, sliced)
- 3 Celery stalks (sliced)
- 1 can Tomatoes (14.5 oz can, diced with juices)
- 1 can Kidney beans (15.5 oz can, drained and rinsed)
- 1 can Corn (14.75 oz can)
- 1 Beef broth (32 oz box)
- 1 can Tomato sauce (15 oz can)
- 3 cups Water
- 1/4 Cabbage (green head, chopped)
- 1 tsp Basil (dried)
- 1 tsp Parsley (dried)
- 1/2 tsp Oregano (dried)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 1 Hours
- Total Time: 80 Minutes
1. Heat large stock pot or dutch ovento a medium heat and cook ground beef till brown.
2. Remove beef from pot and then saute diced onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add carrots and celery and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Add back ground beef to stock pot and mix.
5. Add can tomatoes, corn, and kidney beans.
6. Then add beef broth, tomato sauce, cabbage and spices.
7. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low and let soup simmer for 30-45 mins.
8. Transfer soup to quart size mason jars and store in your refrigerator for 3-4 days or your freezer for up to 6 months.
Recipe credit: Amanda Nighbert RD
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 188.00
- Fat Content: 3.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 30.00mg
- Sodium Content: 1131.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 23.00g
- Fiber Content: 6.00g
- Sugar Content: 10.00g
- Protein Content: 17.00g