Beef, Shrimp & Chorizo Paella
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
- 1/2 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- Olive oil
- 1/2 lb Raw shrimp
- 1/2 lb Chorizo
- 1 1/2 cups White rice
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 1 tbsp Garlic (minced)
- 2 1/2 tbsps Tomato paste
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Saffron
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup Frozen peas
- Salt to taste
- Parsley or fresh cilantro (for garnish)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Total Time: 55 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Place a large deep pan, over medium heat, add olive oil. When oil is hot, add onion sauté for 3 minutes, until onion is translucent. Add in ground beef, cooking until almost done. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
2. Add tomato paste, continue cooking until onions are slightly red. Add salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, turmeric and saffron, stir thoroughly.
3. Add rice, and mix. Add in chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
4. Reduce heat to low, simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add in chorizo, cooking for 5-7 minutes.
6. Place the shrimp on top of the rice mixture. Cook for 8-12 minutes or until liquid is evaporated, and shrimp are cooked through. Garnish, and serve.
Recipe credit: What We Are Having