Ground Beef & Vegetables Burrito
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- Olive or canola oil cooking spray
- 1 Large onion (peeled, diced)
- 2 tsps Ground cumin or ground coriander
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 tbsps Tomato paste (no salt or low-sodium)
- 1 Medium zucchini (grated)
- 1 Carrot (peeled, grated)
- 1 can Corn (14-ounce can, low-sodium, drained and rinsed)
- 12 Wholegrain, reduced-fat tortillas or soft wraps
- 2 cups Reduced-fat cheddar cheese (grated)
- 3 Tomatoes (diced)
- 6 Lettuce leaves (large leaves, shredded)
- 3 Spring onions (including green tops, ends trimmed, chopped)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Spray a large non-stick saucepan with oil and place on medium to high heat.
2. Cook onion for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add mince and brown for 5 minutes, stirring to break up lumps.
4. Mix through cumin, coriander, paprika and season with pepper; cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
5. Add tomato paste, stir well to combine then add zucchini, carrot, corn kernels, tomatoes and beans.
6. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, or longer if time permits, stirring occasionally until thickened.
7. If desired, heat tortillas in the microwave for 1 minute on HIGH, or according to packet instructions.
8. To serve, place 2 tortillas on each plate. Using a slotted spoon to remove excess sauce, top each tortilla with 1/2 cup beef mix and sprinkle with cheese. Add tomatoes, lettuce and spring onions then roll up to enclose filling.