Ground Beef Superfood Taco Soup
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 50 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- Olive Oil (for cooking)
- 3 Roma tomatoes (diced)
- 1/2 Onion (diced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Onion powder, Italian herb seasoning & paprika (each)
- 2 Fresh corn from cob (ears, cut corn from the cob)
- 2 cups Pinto beans
- 1 can Low-sodium hominy (15-ounce can)
- 16 ozs Beef bone broth
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch Kale (cleaned, torn into small pieces)
- Tortilla strips, avocado & lime (for garnish)
*Serving calculations based on 16oz beef products.
For 12oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Brown the ground beef & onion in a bit of olive oil. Add the chopped garlic & sauté until fragrant. Add in the spices & sauté for 1 minute. Add in all other ingredients & bring to a low boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to a simmer. Let simmer for at least 30 minutes to meld all the flavors.
2. While the soup is simmering, toss the prepared kale in a medium skillet with a bit of olive oil.
3. Season with sea salt & pepper. When the kale begins to soften, turn off the heat.
4. Serve the taco soup with a generous portion of kale and top with tortilla strips, avocado & a squeeze of lime.
Recipe credit: Michelle Barrera