Greek Stuffed Peppers for Two
Back To Recipe List
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Total Time: 60 Minutes
- 8 ozs Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tbsp Fresh mint (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Vegetable oil
- Quinoa (1/3 cup steamed)
- Kalamata olives (1/3 cup chopped)
- 1/2 Roma tomato (diced)
- 3 tbsps Tomato sauce (canned)
- Feta cheese (1/3 cup crumbled, divided)
- 2 Bell peppers (red, yellow or orange; cut in half, lengthwise and seeded)
- 1/4 cup Water
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- Total Time: 60 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a small bowl, combine the ground beef, chopped mint, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper. Knead with your hands until completely mixed.
3. Place a small skillet over medium heat. Add the vegetable oil followed by the ground beef and cook, breaking it up as you go, until no longer pink. This will take about 7 minutes. Add the quinoa, kalamata olives, roma tomato, tomato sauce, 4 tablespoons of the feta, salt, and pepper to the ground beef and mix to incorporate.
4. Season the peppers with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon an even amount of the beef mixture into each pepper and top with the remaining feta cheese. Pour the ¼ cup of water into the bottom of a small casserole dish and place the stuffed peppers on top.
5. Bake the peppers, covered with foil, for 40 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, then serve.
Renee Brewer, Certified Sommelier recommends the perfect pairing of a medium-bodied red or white wine for this dish.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 461.00
- Total Fat Content: 24.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 122.00mg
- Sodium Content: 863.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 23.00g
- Fiber Content: 6.00g
- Sugar Content: 9.00g
- Protein Content: 37.00g