Ground Beef Stroganoff with Thyme & Red Wine
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 2 tbsps Olive oil
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Medium onion (chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp Ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsps Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Red wine
- 8 ozs Bella mushrooms (chopped)
- 2 tsps Dried thyme or Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup Beef broth
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 16 ozs Penne pasta or wide egg noodles
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Cook the pasta or egg noodles according to package directions. While the water is boiling, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onions and garlic for a minute.
2. Crumble the beef and cook until it’s fully browned. Season with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir occasionally.
3. Pour in the red wine. Let it boil until it has evaporated.
4. Add the dried Thyme and chopped mushrooms and cook until the juices/liquid of the mushrooms has been released.
5. Pour in the beef broth and stir in the sour cream. Simmer, while occasionally stirring, until the mixture thickens slightly roughly 5-7 minutes.
6. Either mix the sauce with the cooked pasta or egg noodles or top the noodles of choice with the sauce. We sprinkle some Parmesan cheese if we are having it with pasta so feel free to do so as well unless you’re eating it with rice.