Sheet Pan Quesadillas
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef (92% lean)
- 2 tbsps Olive oil (for coating the pan and quesadilla before baking)
- 1 pkg Taco seasoning (regular or reduced-sodium)
- 8 Burrito-size flour tortillas
- 4 cups Shredded Mexican cheese blend (divided)
- 1 can Pinto beans (15-ounce can; rinsed, drained)
- 1/2 cup Salsa of choice
- Sour cream, hot sauce, cilantro for topping
*Serving calculations based on 16oz beef products.
For 12oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Brush a half sheet pan or rimmed cookie sheet with olive oil.
2. Brown the beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, breaking up the meat as it cooks. Add the taco seasoning and stir to coat. Add 3/4 cup water and bring to a simmer. Cook until the liquid is absorbed and the mixture thickens, stirring frequently. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
3. Arrange 7 of the tortillas in the bottom of a large sheet pan like this: Place 2 tortillas on each of each of the long sides, slightly overlapping each other and halfway hanging over the rim of the pan. Place 1 tortilla on each short end, halfway hanging over the rim. Place 1 tortilla in the middle to cover the bottom of the pan.
4. Top the tortillas with 2 cups of the cheese and spread out in an even layer. Top the cheese with the beef mixture. Top the beef with the beans and spoon the salsa all over the top. Top everything with the remaining cheese.
5. Fold the overhanging tortillas over the filling. Place the remaining tortilla over the center, so the entire top is covered.
6. Brush the top of the quesadilla with olive oil. Place a second sheet pan on top of the quesadilla and press down gently.
7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the quesadilla is golden brown and crispy and the cheese melts. Serve plain or with desired toppings.
Recipe credit: Robin Miller