Cheesy Beef, Pumpkin & Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 Pumpkin (about 6 pounds)
- 6 Fresh sage leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 18-ounce carton butternut squash soup
- 4 cup Chicken stock
- 2 cups Dairy free American or Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 6 Baguette (sliced thin, toasted)
- Sprinkle of paprika or chili powder for garnish
- Slice green onions for garnish (green part only)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 35 Minutes
- Cook Time: 105 Minutes
- Total Time: 140 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Heat oven to 350F. Wash/clean outside of pumpkin. Cut top off and scoop out all seeds and stringy pulp. Place empty pumpkin in pie dish (any oven proof dish big enough to hold pumpkin will do).
2. Lightly spray large nonstick skillet. Heat over medium high heat and add chopped onion. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beef to skillet and cook until all pink is gone. Drain if needed. Stir in sage and cook another minute. Add soup to skillet and stir in. Spoon this mixture into hollowed-out pumpkin. Stir chicken stock into pumpkin. Cover with pumpkin top and place in oven to bake for 1 hour, 15 minutes. Add cheese to soup, stir in, cover and return to oven for another 15 minutes.
3. Remove pumpkin from oven and cool slightly. Stir gently but thoroughly to make sure cheese mixes into soup. Take pumpkin to table in dish (it is a bit fragile at this point and may leak). To serve, ladle contents out of pumpkin and into soup bowls, scraping sides of pumpkin as you go, making sure to get some pumpkin with each serving.
4. Top with toasted baguette slice, a sprinkling of paprika or chili powder (if you want a little heat) and green onions.
Click below to watch the video
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calcium: 11.00%
- Calories: 253.00
- Carbohydrate Content: 28.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 45.00mg
- Fat Content: 5.00g
- Fiber Content: 3.00g
- Iron: 21.00%
- Protein Content: 24.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2.00g
- Sodium Content: 900.00mg
- Sugar Content: 4.00g
- Vitamin A: 94.00%
- Vitamin C: 28.00%
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.
Select your email service