Fajita Nachos with Avocado Crema
Back To Recipe List
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 1 lbs Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 2 tsps Ground cumin
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 tbsps Green chiles (canned)
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 lb Mini bell peppers (halved)
- Olive oil spray (for pan)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 Large white onion (finely diced)
- 1 cup Shredded cheese (any kind)
- bunch Fresh cilantro (minced)
- 1 Ripe avocado (large)
- 2 tbsps Lime juice
- 2 tbsps Plain greek yogurt
- tbsps Water (1-4 depending on how thick you would like the crema)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Prepare meat by heating a large pan to medium/high heat. Add meat, chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, maple syrup, green chiles and salt and sauté until meat is fully cooked. Set aside.
3. Prepare your mini bell pepper “chips” by cutting the tops off. Then half each one and clean out the inside.
4. Place peppers on baking sheet and spray with nonstick cooking spray and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Then, stuff with cooked meat. Sprinkle on white onion and cheese and place in oven.
5. Bake at 400ºF for 10 minutes.
6. While the nachos are baking, prepare avocado crema by blending together all crema ingredients (avocado, lime juice, yogurt, water). The more water you add the thinner it will become, just depends on your preference!
7. Serve nachos with avocado crema and fresh cilantro.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 358.00g
- Sugar Content: 8.00g
- Sodium Content: 1591.00mg
- Fat Content: 17.00g
- Carbohydrate Content: 22.00g
- Fiber Content: 8.00g
- Protein Content: 33.00g
Estimated values generated by Cook'n Software.