Ground Beef & Greens Sloppy Joes
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 2 lbs Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 2 cups Carrots (about 3 large carrots, grated)
- 2 cups White onion (finely chopped)
- 4 cups Zucchini (grated, peeled)
- 2 cups Sweet red pepper (diced)
- 1/2 tbsp Minced garlic
- 2 cans Tomato sauce (15-ounce cans, substitute 1 can for 1–15 oz can petite diced tomatoes in juice)
- 1 can Tomato paste (6-ounce can)
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsps Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsps Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 20 Whole wheat hamburger buns (small)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Grate and dice all vegetable finely.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tsp of olive oil, onions, garlic, and ground meat. Cook and stir until meat is nearly done. Drain and/or rinse meat and return to pan.
3. Add vegetables and seasoned salt. Cook until all vegetables are tender, and meat is done.
4. Reduce heat to medium, stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, molasses, honey, Worcestershire sauce, 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar, yellow mustard, 1/2 tsp salt, black pepper and paprika. Stir to combine and heat until bubbly. Taste sauce and add additional 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar and 1/2 tsp salt if needed.
5. Enjoy your nutritious meal!
Select your email service