Black-Eyed Peas & Collard Greens with Ground Beef
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 55 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Large onion (diced)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 lb Thick cut bacon (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 tsps Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Liquid smoke
- 1 can Black-eyed peas (15-ounce can, rinsed)
- 2 cups Chicken stock
- 1 pkg Collard greens (16-ounce bag, rough chopped)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Total Time: 55 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. In a stock pot add the olive oil, onion. bacon and ground beef. Cook until browned. Add the collard greens, chicken stock, salt, pepper, paprika, liquid smoke and garlic. Cover with a lid and cook for 20 minutes. The collards should be tender, add in the black eyed peas, cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Select your email service