Asian Beef and Cabbage
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 3 tsps Sesame oil
- 2 cups Shredded cabbage
- 4 tbsps Soy sauce
- 2 tbsps Honey
- 2 tbsps Peanut butter or peanut butter alternative
- 1 tbsp Rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Sesame seeds, scallions for garnish (optional)
*Serving calculations based on 16oz beef products.
For 12oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Add 2 tsp sesame oil to large skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
2. Add Laura’s Lean ground beef to skillet and saute for 5-7 minutes until cooked through, crumbling as you stir the meat.
3. You should not need to drain the beef, but if you see excessive grease, drain it at this point.
4. With the beef in the skillet, add soy sauce, honey, peanut butter, vinegar, garlic powder and sesame oil. Heat over low, stirring constantly, until the sauce is combined and sticking to the beef.
5. Remove the beef from the skillet and reserve in a bowl.
6. Add 1 tsp sesame oil to the skillet and heat over medium. Add shredded cabbage and saute for 2-3 minutes, until the cabbage begins to soften.
7. Serve beef over cabbage, warm.
Recipe credit: Michelle from "Blackberry Babe" online blog