Ground Beef Caesar Salad Pita Pockets
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 cup Primal Kitchen Caesar Dressing
- 2 bunches Romaine lettuce (torn into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 cup Yellow onion (finely diced)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup Oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes (chopped, drained)
- 1/2 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Small cucumber (peeled, thinly sliced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pkg Pita Pockets (4 whole pitas)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Cook the onion in the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat for 4 minutes or until translucent; add the lamb or ground beef and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Drain any fat from the pan.
2. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, red pepper flakes, and salt; mix to combine. Cool slightly.
To Make the Caesar Salad:
3. Place the romaine into a large bowl; toss with Primal Kitchen salad dressing and toppings.
4. Split each pita in half. Fill with 1/4 cup meat and 1/2 cup salad; arrange cucumber slices around the sides of the pita. Top with a few additional crumbles of meat. Serve with Caesar salad on the side.
Click below to watch the video
Select your email service