Easy Lasagna Bowls
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 lb whole wheat campanelle pasta
- 2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 ozs prosciutto (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 small white onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 carrot (peeled & grated)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- kosher salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 bayleaf
- 3 ozs tomato paste (heaping)
- 1/4 cup red cooking wine
- 2 ozs beef stock
- 3 tsps unsalted butter
- 3 cups flour
- 2 ozs 1% milk
- 4 drops nutmeg
- 3/4 cup asiago cheese (freshly grated)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the pasta, and cook to al dente.
2. While the water heats to boiling, add the olive oil to a large saucepan and heat over medium-high. Add the prosciutto and cook for 3 minutes to render the fat, then add the beef and cook, breaking it up into pieces, until it browns, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the onions, carrots, garlic, nutmeg, salt and pepper, and bay leaf, and continue to cook for another 3 minutes until the onions and carrots begin to soften, then add the tomato paste and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add the wine and allow it to reduce for one minute, then add the stock, allow it to boil for one minute, then reduce the heat to low and let simmer.
4. While the meat sauce cooks, melt the butter in a small pot over medium heat. Once melted, add the flour and stir together for a minute, then add the milk and bring to a bubble before reducing the heat, whisking gently to combine all the ingredients. Season with nutmeg and a dash of salt and pepper. Allow to thicken for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, then add the cheese and stir until melted and smooth.
5. Toss the pasta with the cheese sauce, then serve in individual bowls with a heaping ladle of meat sauce on top.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 659.00
- Total Fat Content: 25.00g
- Cholesterol Content: 95.00mg
- Sodium Content: 1050.00mg
- Carbohydrate Content: 68.00g
- Fiber Content: 4.00g
- Sugar Content: 5.00g
- Protein Content: 40.00g