Grilled Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs with Bruschetta
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Egg (whisked)
- 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar (plus 1 teaspoon)
- 1 Mozzarella cheese stick (cut into 8 pieces)
- 2 Roma tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Fresh basil (chopped)
- 1/2 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Serving calculations based on 16oz beef products.
For 12oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. In a bowl combine ground beef, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, breadcrumbs, and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar. Mix thoroughly.
2. Divide evenly and mold into 8-9 meatball shapes. Create a hole in each meatball and place the mozzarella slice inside, mold it back into a meatball shape to close the hole. Set aside.
3. In a bowl combine tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt, olive oil, and 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar. Mix thoroughly. Set aside.
4. Grill meatballs at 400° for 10 minutes on each side until cooked through.
5. Top with bruschetta mixture. Serve with pasta or as an appetizer. Enjoy!
Recipe credit: Katy Weaver