Derby Cheeseburger with Sage Cheese
Back To Recipe List
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 lb Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 2 ozs Sage Derby cheese (four 1/2 ounce slices)
- 4 tbsps Red pepper puree
- 4 slices Sourdough bread
- Lettuce for garnish
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Total Time: 15 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. Cook burgers to desired degree of doneness*. While burgers cook, toast sour dough slices. Cut each toast slice in half.
2. When burgers are done, top half toast slice with lettuce (optional). Add burger, 1 tablespoon red pepper puree, cheese and other half of toast. Repeat for remaining burgers. Serve immediately.
*Note: Approximate cooking times for ½” thick burgers (starting at room temperature) cooking on high heat:
Medium: About 3 1/2 minutes per side
Medium Rare: About 3 minutes per side
Medium Well: About 4 minutes per side
Well done: About 4-1/2 minutes per side
Note: USDA recommends cooking ground beef to 160ºF.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving
- Calories: 312.00
- Fat Content: 14.00g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7.00g
- Carbohydrate Content: 18.00g
- Fiber Content: 1.00g
- Sodium Content: 395.00mg
- Cholesterol Content: 74.00mg
- Protein Content: 28.00g
- Vitamin A: 12.00%
- Vitamin C: 35.00%
- Calcium: 12.00%
- Iron: 27.00%