Creamy Ground Beef & Potato Soup
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 7 Hours
Total Time: 440 Minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs Laura's Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Medium white onion (peeled, diced)
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 6 cups Chicken broth
- 6 cups Russet potatoes (peeled, diced)
- 2 cups Frozen vegetable mix
- 3 tsps Dried basil
- 2 tsps Dried parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 2 tbsps Cornstarch
- 8 ozs Velveeta cheese (cubed)
*Serving calculations based on 12oz beef products.
For 10oz beef products reduce serving size by 1/4.
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 7 Hours
- Total Time: 440 Minutes
Serving size based on 1 cup (242g)
1. In a large skillet, fry the ground beef and onions until the onions are soft and the ground beef browned. Drain the grease.
2. Fry the garlic until browned and fragrant. Add the beef mixture to the crockpot or stockpot on the stove.
3. Add in the potatoes, broth, vegetables, basil, and parsley.
4. Cook in the slow cooker or crockpot on low for 6-8 hours, on high for 3-4, or simmer on the stove until the potatoes are tender and starting to dissolve sightly.
5. Whisk the cornstarch into the milk, then whisk into the soup. Add the Velveeta and let it melt, stirring occasionally. When it's melted in completely, spoon into bowls and serve.
Click below to watch the video